- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Program – Nova Scotia Rehabilitation Centre
The Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Program comprises multiple services and interdisciplinary teams. The cornerstone of care is an organized, programmatic approach to interdisciplinary assessment, treatment & education for survivors of traumatic & non-traumatic brain injuries & their families.
- Think First – Programs & Resources – Concussions
- Think First – Safety Info & Resources
- Child Safety Link – Choosing the right helmet for your sport
- John Byler – You Look Great! – Inside a TBI
- Jane McGonigal – The game that can give you 10 extra years of life
- Adolescent BI Guides created by Asraa Al-Mosawie and Dr. Stan Kutcher (copyrighted): Brain Injury Guide for Youth and Understanding Brain Injury in Adolescence available for download.
- The Direct Family Support Program exists to offer families regular breaks from their caregiving responsibilities. This program does not provide funding for full time in-home support.
- Contact your local Community Services office: on the web or call toll free at 1-877-424-1177
- ‘Post-concussion syndrome’ by Mayo Clinic Staff
- Parents of Kids with ADD/ADHD Need to Rethink Risky Sports!